Registration is currently closed.
Sign up below to be notified about the next session of Connection Groups.
Video Chat Groups
For video chat groups, the times listed are in Eastern Daylight Time, so convert to your local time using a time zone converter before you choose your group.
Facebook Groups meet in a private group to chat throughout the week.
Video Messaging Groups
Marco Polo Group 2
For anyone serving cross-culturally (currently on or off the field)
Video messaging groups use an app like Marco Polo to message back and forth each week. There’s no set meeting time.
Leader: Kelsey Akugizibwe
Kelsey is a wife and mama to one sweet boy. With her family she has the joy of serving Jesus by loving children and families in Uganda, where her husband comes from. She finds her heart comes alive when walking, writing, laughing with children, drinking coffee, and making her home feel a little more homey.
Keep Me Up-to-date on Connection Group Happenings
Be the first to know when Connection Group Registration opens.
Interested in Leading A Group?
- A small group of women serving in different places across the world.
- An opportunity to share and encourage one another.
- An experience led by a group facilitator.
- After updating each other on your week, your facilitator will lead a discussion based on weekly themes.
- Velvet Ashes offers two sessions of Connection Groups each, one starting in March and one in September.
- Registration is announced at Velvet Ashes and takes place on a first-come-first-serve basis.
There are different options for Connection Groups:
- Video Chat Groups—Groups meet for a weekly video conference call at a designated time each week. Discussions are led by the group facilitator.
- Facebook Groups—Groups share throughout the week in a private Facebook group. No designated time. Questions and prompts are facilitated by the group facilitator throughout the week.
- Email Groups—The facilitator emails out the discussion questions and group members then reply all throughout the week.
- Texting Groups—Group will meet via a messaging app (like Signal or WhatsApp) throughout the week (no designated time).
- Video Messaging Groups—Interact through an app like Marco Polo with short video messages throughout the week.
Plus, we’ve got groups especially for singles, moms on the field, those who have returned to their passport country, as well as groups for anyone on the field. You don’t have to walk this overseas journey alone!
We know that not everyone has Facebook or internet strong enough for a video call. That’s why there are all different kinds of groups and platforms available! Carefully think through your schedule and time commitment as you choose your group so that you can fully participate each week.
We do ask that you choose only one group so that as many women as possible can experience community through Connection Groups.
All of our facilitators have been selected and referenced as trustworthy women who have a heart to encourage others. Don’t feel like you have to have a facilitator that is in your same stage of life. Part of the beauty of Velvet Ashes is that we are a beautiful mix of all stages of life, and we have so much to offer each other.
That being said, if you really want to connect with another mom, another single woman, or someone also in re-entry, feel free to jump in her group if it works for you.