Registration for the Fall 2020 session of Connection Groups will be September 1st!
Check out our FAQs about Connection Groups to learn more.
For Skype groups, the times listed are in Eastern Standard Time, so convert to your local time using a time zone converter before you choose your group.
Facebook Live Chat Groups
For Facebook Live Chat groups, the times listed are in Eastern Standard Time, so convert to your local time using a time zone converter before you choose your group.
Facebook Live Chat Group 4
For those launching to the field
Leader: Hannah Ayena
Type: Facebook Live Chat
Thursday 8:00 PM EST
Sorry Group is Full
Facebook Groups will be opened in three waves taking time zones around the world into consideration.
Keep Me Up-to-date on Connection Group Happenings
Be the first to know when Spring & Fall Connection Group Registration opens.
Interested in Leading A Group?
- A small group of women serving in different places across the world.
- An opportunity to share and encourage one another.
- An experience led by a group facilitator.
- After updating each other on your week, your facilitator will lead a discussion based on the weekly theme and posts.
- Velvet Ashes offers a spring session and a fall session of Connection Groups.
- Registration is announced at Velvet Ashes and takes place on a first-come-first-serve basis.
There are different options for Connection Groups:
- Skype Groups—Groups meet for a weekly video conference call at a designated time each week. Groups also have a private Facebook or messaging app group for further connection building. Discussions are led by the group facilitator.
- Facebook Live Chat Groups—Groups meet for a weekly Facebook Live Chat at a specified time each week by interacting with questions and prompts in a private Facebook group. Discussions are led by the group facilitator and are based on weekly themes and posts.
- Facebook Groups—Groups share throughout the week in a private Facebook group. No designated time. Questions and prompts are facilitated by the group facilitator throughout the week.
- Email Groups—Groups happens via email. At the beginning of the week, the facilitator emails out the discussion questions (same questions the other groups use). Group members then reply all throughout the week. This group is reserved for those who cannot meet in a Skype group and don’t have Facebook.
- Texting Group—Group will meet via a messaging app (like Line or WhatsApp) throughout the week (no designated time). Questions and prompts will be facilitated by the group facilitator throughout the week, based on weekly themes.
Plus, we’ve got groups especially for singles, moms on the field, those who have returned to their passport country, as well as groups for anyone on the field. We also have regional groups so you can connect with those serving near you. You don’t have to walk this overseas journey alone!
We know that not everyone has Facebook or internet strong enough for a video call. That’s why there are all different kinds of groups and platforms available! Carefully think through your schedule and time commitment as you choose your group so that you can fully participate each week.
We do ask that you choose only one group so that as many women as possible can experience community through Connection Groups.
All of our facilitators have been selected and referenced as trustworthy women who have a heart to encourage others. Don’t feel like you have to have a facilitator that is in your same stage of life. Part of the beauty of Velvet Ashes is that we are a beautiful mix of all stages of life, and we have so much to offer each other.
That being said, if you really want to connect with another homeschooling mom, or another single woman, feel free to jump in her group if it works for you.