Thanks for wanting to share your story and creativity with Velvet Ashes!
We are a community of women living and serving abroad–and we would love for you to offer your words here. We’ll be richer for hearing from you.
We believe truth and hope are best shared through story. And the power of story lies in authentic vulnerability fueled by love. As you prepare a post for Velvet Ashes you may want to read “What is Velvet Ashes?” and “We are Women Who.” Poke around to get a sense for what this community is all about.
Each week we have a word prompt or theme that serves to center our stories.
Our current openings for upcoming prompts are:
Stay tuned! New themes coming soon!
The questions and suggestions following each prompt are merely ideas to get you going. Feel free to take your own unique angle on the prompt.
We do have limited spots available, and if there is not room for your post, you’ll still be able to share it at Velvet Ashes by linking up at The Grove the week of that theme. If you have a post that is not related to an upcoming theme, you are still welcome to send us a submission to consider. We’ll be more likely to be able to feature your post if it relates to an upcoming theme, but we don’t want to box you in. If you have inspiration, a God-whisper, an experience you want to share, write your post and send it to us.
Your submission should:
- Be in the neighborhood of 600-900 words.
- Be submitted as a Word doc or docx only.
- Be original content. We publish content that has not been published elsewhere, including personal blogs.
- Include a headshot (attached as a jpeg)
- Include a bio. It should be just a few sentences long, telling us a bit about you, but mostly drawing readers to feel a connection to you. Please include all your social media links so that readers can connect with you and so we can tag you when we share your post.
You can send your submissions to: submissions(at)velvetashes(dot)com
We’ll look forward to reading and prayerfully considering your piece. Your post may be edited for length and clarity. If you don’t hear from us immediately, please don’t be alarmed. We’ll be in touch!
Thank you for the gift of your story,
– The Velvet Ashes Team