Today’s Grove is going to be a little different because I want to hear from YOU! Yes, you, you who rarely comment or you who often comment. You who are reading this. Hi! Hi to you :). We had so much fun last summer sharing 10 questions around the topic of enjoy, we thought we’d bring it back. Not enjoy per se, but 10 questions that are fun and fluffy, allowing us to connect on other aspects of who we are.
I’ve written 10 questions around the topic on the lighter side of life. I’m going to list them here so if you want to just cut and paste the questions, you can and I’ll answer them below. Feel free to share as little or as much as you want. You could even pick just one question to answer. Want to know one thing that’s not fluffy? Hearing from you :). We can’t wait . . .
1. Are you right or left handed? Anyone ambidextrous?
2. When you were a kid, what job/role did you want to have as an adult?
3. If you had to choose between chocolate, vanilla, or strawberry ice-cream, which would you choose?
4. What are some of your favorite movies?
5. Do you sleep with your socks on?
6. What do you enjoy about the culture you live in?
7. Have you ever needed stitches? Any good stitches stories?
8. What do you enjoy doing on Saturday morning?
9. Today, what’s the weather like where you are?
10. What smells do you like?
1. Are you right or left handed? Anyone ambidextrous? Right-handed with lefted handed jealousy. My nieces keep telling me left-handed people are especially clever and intelligent. Are they trying to tell me something?! I’d like to point out that none of them are left-handed either. Apparently right-handed people aren’t above being annoyed by other right-handed people.
2. When you were a kid, what job/role did you want to have as an adult? I fully planned to be the president of the US. I fully 100% planned NOT to be a teacher. My eyes nearly rolled out of my head every time a classmate kissed up to our second, third, or fourth-grade teaching saying, “I want to be a teacher just like you, Mrs. Gridley,”
3. If you had to choose between chocolate, vanilla, or strawberry ice cream, which would you choose? Vanilla. With either hot fudge or carmel sauce! YUM.
4. What are some of your favorite movies? I have a feeling we’ll all be showing our ages :). And that is cool! Princess Bride, Hoosiers, The Little Mermaid, and that one with Tom Hanks and the football. Can’t remember the name for the life of me right now.
5. Do you sleep with your socks on? This is my trick question that I planted just for you. I would like to flush out those of you weirdos who sleep with your socks on. HOW?! How? Don’t your feet roast? Are you a robot? I’m just wondering. 🙂
6. What do you enjoy about the culture you live in? Right now, I am enjoying being in Denver in post Super Bowl hung-over bliss. It was a longing of mine to be in Denver for one of the victories, so I’m happy. Also, I’m enjoying the amount of trees (no leaves yet) and I am anticipating spring flowers!
7. Have you ever needed stitches? Any good stitches stories? I have needed them, I’m not sure this is a good story, but it’s the only one I have. When I was in second grade my sister and I were shoveling the neighbors driveway too close to each other. As I went down to stick my shovel in the snow, she went down half a second after me and split open my thumb. It was my phase of being deathly afraid of doctors so I remember my mom telling me that if I screamed and acted ridiculous the doctor may have to tie me down to the table. Well, I wasn’t all that keen on being restrained so I behaved calmly and only needed three stitches and my parents still got to the Broncos game on time!
8. What do you enjoy doing on Saturday morning? I love that the class at the gym doesn’t start until 8:30, so I can lounge around reading and drinking hot tea until 8:15. I LOVE Saturdays.
9. Today, what’s the weather like where you are? Today it’s fairly warm (meaning about 50 degrees Fahrenheit which for February is nice!). We are supposed to get up to 70 this weekend, but it’s also the season of high winds. I’m not a big fan of wind.
10. What smells do you like? I love the smell of original Jergen’s lotion (I think it is cherry and almond mixed together). I love the smell of hot pot in Sichuan provide (that bubbling broth just makes me happy!!!), freshly baked bread, and candles burning.
Your turn. I know others can’t wait to hear about your lighter side too. It’s powerful to have “me too!” moments, but those can only happen if you comment :). I can see why enjoying is mentioned so often in Ecclesiastes, it’s good every now and then to stop and chat about topics that can get pushed to the margins in light of all the “important” work. So, thanks for letting me share a bit of my lighter side.
This is The Grove. It’s where we gather to share our thoughts, our words, and our art. So join us in the comments. Show us your art work by adding an image. And link up your own blog posts on this week’s prompt “Metaphor”. Click here for details and instructions.