Today’s post is going to be a little different because I want to hear from YOU! Yes, you, you who rarely comment or you who often comment. You who are reading this. Hi! Hi to you :). We had so much fun before asking and answering questions we thought we’d bring it back, allowing us to connect on other aspects of who we are.
I’ve written 10 questions to share on the lighter side of life. I’m going to list them here so if you want to just cut and paste the questions, you can and I’ll answer them below. Feel free to share as little or as much as you want. You could even pick just one question to answer. We can’t wait . . .
1. Are you right or left handed? Anyone ambidextrous?
2. When you were a kid, what job/role did you want to have as an adult?
3. If you had to choose between chocolate, vanilla, or strawberry ice-cream, which would you choose?
4. What are some of your favorite movies?
5. Do you sleep with your socks on? (I’ve asked before and I’m asking again :))
6. What do you enjoy about the culture you live in?
7. Have you ever needed stitches? Any good stitches stories?
8. What do you enjoy doing on Saturday morning?
9. Today, what’s the weather like where you are?
10. What smells do you like?
1. Are you right or left handed? Anyone ambidextrous? Right-handed with lefted handed jealousy. My nieces keep telling me left-handed people are especially clever and intelligent. Are they trying to tell me something?! I’d like to point out that none of them are left-handed either. Apparently right-handed people aren’t above being annoyed by other right-handed people.
2. When you were a kid, what job/role did you want to have as an adult? I fully planned to be the president of the US. I fully 100% planned NOT to be a teacher. My eyes nearly rolled out of my head every time a classmate kissed up to our second, third, or fourth-grade teaching saying, “I want to be a teacher just like you, Mrs. Gridley,”
3. If you had to choose between chocolate, vanilla, or strawberry ice cream, which would you choose? Vanilla. With either hot fudge or carmel sauce! YUM.
4. What are some of your favorite movies? I have a feeling we’ll all be showing our ages :). And that is cool! Princess Bride, Hoosiers, The Little Mermaid, and that one with Tom Hanks and the football. Can’t remember the name for the life of me right now. In the last year I’ve fully enjoyed Collateral Beauty and Hidden Figures.
5. Do you sleep with your socks on? This is my trick question that I planted just for you. I would like to flush out those of you weirdos who sleep with your socks on. HOW?! How? Don’t your feet roast? Are you a robot? I’m just wondering. :). Even in the dead of winter if it is freezing and I start off with socks on, the end up tucked under my pillow in the middle of the night.
6. What do you enjoy about the culture you live in? Right now, I am enjoying being in Denver in the summer. It is cool in the mornings and evenings with beautiful blue skies during the day. The flowers and the colors? So good for the soul.
7. Have you ever needed stitches? Any good stitches stories? I have needed them, I’m not sure this is a good story, but it’s the only one I have. When I was in second grade my sister and I were shoveling the neighbors driveway too close to each other. As I went down to stick my shovel in the snow, she went down half a second after me and split open my thumb. It was my phase of being deathly afraid of doctors so I remember my mom telling me that if I screamed and acted ridiculous the doctor may have to tie me down to the table. Well, I wasn’t all that keen on being restrained so I behaved calmly and only needed three stitches and my parents still got to the Broncos game on time!
8. What do you enjoy doing on Saturday morning? Currently my gym has a class at 7:30; so I pop out of bed around 6:00, enjoy and cup of tea and reading before jumping around. Even if I have work to do on a Saturday for Have You Seen, getting something ready for VA in the upcoming week, or other work that needs to be done, I love the casual feeling of spending most of the day in my workout clothes. I LOVE Saturdays.
9. Today, what’s the weather like where you are? Today, as I write this, it’s been a bit rainy. What?! Late July in Colorado rainy? I know. Crazy. It is a poetic, lilting rain. Steady, but peaceful. I have planned on working in the garden (summer weeds and all), but tis not to be.
10. What smells do you like? I love the smell of original Jergen’s lotion (I think it is cherry and almond mixed together). I love the smell of hot pot in Sichuan provide (that bubbling broth just makes me happy!!!), freshly baked bread, and candles burning.
Your turn. I know others can’t wait to hear about your lighter side too. I love the click of “I didn’t know that!” Or “You hate socks too! Fist bump” moments, but those can only happen if you comment :). I can see why enjoying is mentioned so often in Ecclesiastes, it’s good every now and then to stop and chat about topics that can get pushed to the margins in light of all the “important” work. So, thanks for letting me share a bit of my lighter side.