Last week we had our very first Velvet Ashes Live in Chiang Mai, Thailand. And oh, to be together was so lovely. To see faces and give real hugs, t’was good, good for the soul. To share the story and vision of Velvet Ashes, to hear what it is meaning to you, to hear Patty Stallings spur us so movingly on to create, well, it was delight.
Here are a few gems from our time…
Our first actual promo video. Would you share, like and tweet to help us spread the love of Velvet Ashes?
So many more people and moments that could have been captured! But I loved our time together. It was to me a reminder of the bond we share.
It’s been an extreme few weeks for me and mine, disease and hospitals involved. We’re okay now, and I’m sure I’ll share the story when I’m ready. But now we’re in the fog of weariness and travel and getting home after six weeks. (I think it’s safe to assume a Valentine’s Day date will not be happening on Valentine’s Day for us.)
But here’s what’s been churning in around in my head about love. Throughout the trials of the last weeks, there was never a moment that I did not feel loved by God through his people. In fact, I felt quite lavished by that love. When we were in crisis, people showed up with love, support, generosity, and more offers for help than we knew what to do with. And for that I am humbly grateful. I love that God loves us so tangibly through his people.
These are words that have been resounding in my soul this week, words that I sang out in joyful chorus, my voice raised with hundreds. It’s both the why and how of it all:
“Hope for the hopeless, your love is.
Strength in our weakness, your love is.
May we love, as You love.”
Turning it over to you now. Each week here at The Grove we gather and share our thoughts, words and art on our word prompt. What do you all have to say about this week’s prompt, “Love”?
Here’s how to share with us:
- If you don’t have a blog, share with us in the comments. We have the amazing ability to post images in our comments! So post images of your art and/or share your words there.
- If you have a blog, write or make art based on the prompt.
- Be sure to add the Velvet Ashes link (https://velvetashes.com/the-grove-letter-to-self) to your blog post. Feel free to use the button code from our side bar.
- Please select the permalink from your post (so not your blog’s url,www.daniellenotyetthere.blogspot.com but your post url:http://www.daniellenotyetthere.blogspot.com/2013/11/todays-day.html)
- Use the blue linky tool below to enter your link.
- It will walk you through selecting which image you want to show up in the linky.
- Then your post will show up in The Grove’s linky.
- Then be sure to go visit other’s sites and share some comment love! It’s the rule. We applaud brave hearts!
For this week, click on the link above to view the blogs that have linked up!