We’re just days away from our global community experiencing the 2018 Velvet Ashes Retreat, and here is the phrase that keeps circling in my head:
“Anything good and significant is only by the movement of the Holy Spirit.”
We could have incredible videos, a beautiful website, and the most amazing Retreat all ready for you, but without the movement of the Holy Spirit, it will all be simply a nice way to spend a weekend.
What has made this Retreat such a remarkable experience for so many of us in the past is the way that the Spirit of God has shown up and spoken to us in an intimate, personal, transformative way. We’re praying this will happen for each one of us.
Because here is the other phrase that keeps going through my mind:
“The movement of God is mysteriously connected to the prayers of His people.”
Heading into this Retreat, the deep desire of our team is to cover, to bathe, and to soak this Retreat in prayer. We know that it is no small feat to clear your schedule for a day or two, to get away to spend time with God. And we know the enemy does not want us to go have this time devoted to encountering God. I say this not to create a spirit of fear, for we are daughters of an almighty God. I say it to create an awareness.
May we walk into this Retreat with mindfulness, alert and prayerful, so that our hearts are tuned in and ready to encounter what God has for each of us. Can we dare to trust and believe that God is going to meet us and speak into us during this Retreat?
Can we grasp the staggering fact that more than a thousand women in more than 95 countries are heading into this Retreat with you and me? We are not alone. We have this huge sisterhood of support. Can we link virtual hands and pray for each other as we prepare for this Retreat?
How can we pray for you?
What logistics can we pray for? What heart issues can pray for?
What are you longing for as you head into your Retreat? What are your fears, concerns or worries?
What do you want us to join you in asking God for?
Share in the comments, and let’s support one another in prayer.
A few Retreat details to know:
- If you’re not yet registered, now’s the time! Register for the whole Retreat experience for just $15 here.
- Access to the Retreat is NOW OPEN. You can log in here and check it all out. You can print out the Retreat Guide and start gathering the list of simple supplies.
- If your internet access will be at all slow or unreliable, we recommend downloading the videos ahead of time.
- You’re invited to join us for a Live Chat to share and process your Retreat experience. Choose a time and convert to your time zone.
- Sunday April 22 at 9pm Eastern Standard Time
- Monday April 23 at 9am Eastern Standard Time